Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trying Something New

I have wanted to start sewing for a long time now. I have such fond memories of my mom making things for my sister and I. I also have fond memories of all the things my grandmother used to make us. She made the most wonderful doll cloths. My dolls had the cutest things! Here recently I have met several people that are just so creative. They make everything from the most beautiful bags to cute little things for kids. I ask myself why can't I do those things too? My mom remembered that she had my grandmothers sewing machine in the attic just incase I would ever want it for myself. We got it all cleaned up and it works! Chris and I decided recently that we should start finishing up our office. I wanted my own craft space where I can do my little things like photos and maybe sewing. The room is almost complete. I am just waiting on my Lowes giftcard from work to get here so I can put a beautful coat of paint on the walls. My craft room should be complete here soon hopefully. I think the hardest part about starting a hobby is getting everything needed to start it. I have researched something to sew and I think I am going to try and make myself a nice checkbook cover. It looked easy enough haha. I would love to hear everyones stories on starting a new hobby or learning to sew. Any advice is much appreciated.

Here is what it should look like when I am done. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH FOR YOU!!!! Sewing is incredibly fun and rewarding! Would you believe that when I started sewing over a year ago, a checkbook cover was one of the first things I made? They are very easy and you'll get the hang of it quick- sounds like it's in your blood! HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think gathering the stuff together and getting the room ready is more than half the fun!

    ReplyDelete